I don’t believe you need a rhyme or reason. Sometimes I think it’s cathartic just do something for the hell of it. Why should you not use your tax return money to be stuck in a car with your best friend for a week? You can’t put a price on those kind of memories. You can’t explain the freedom that flies through your veins when you just go. Just do. I love that.
Things we learned on this trip:
- In weird states, it is illegal to drive in the left lane unless passing…. and you will get a ticket. Even if you don’t know any better.
- Fiber one bars give you life
- Magnesium carbonate sucks. It’s deadly. That’s enough detail.
- Never pay $30 for a salad while in Nashville. Even if it is in the shape of a tower and is topped with Lobster.
- Gingers can wake up and start driving with out coffee. That to me is magical.
- Sleeping in the car a few nights will save you time and money. It’s a pretty good thing to do, but probably not two nights in a row.
- No matter how much you like each other, you will get sick of each other when your trapped in a small vehicle for days.
- Always have a road trip playlist.
- Be organized and clean. It makes your feel better
- Kansas sucks. Be prepared to see nothing for miles, including bathrooms.
- Colorado and it’s inhabitants are amazing.
- I will take my future children on the CogWay in CO to see Santa.
So. There is a little bit of an insider to my adventures with Ginger.
All my love,