I’m having a child in 3 weeks and I still don’t feel like an adult. Adulting is over rated anyways, but I have stumbled across a few things that have made me feel more adultish. Sooooo I decided I would share them with you.
- Buying the expensive paper towels because the cheap ones suck and don’t clean up anything.
- Baths. Which you would think would make you feel more like a child, but they make me feel old. “Hey I have time to take a bath” That my friend is adultish.
- Netflix. Watching tv makes me feel like a boring adult. When I was young, I was out having fun, not being lazy and watching tv.
- Pregnancy does NOT make me feel like an adult. Actually it makes me feel quite childish. Like I’m gonna have a little human friend I get to dress up ! Also I get to spend a crap ton of money on her which also makes me feel young again.
- The fact I get overly excited over Method’s natural cleaners and how well they work. PLUS THEY SMELL LIKE CUCUMBERS!!!! If you get excited over cleaning products, you my friend, are old.
- The fact I’m okay with spending $100 on shoes because they don’t make my feet hurt. In my defense they are adventure shoes. So I think I’m only partially adulty here.
- I want to buy house things instead of going out and doing things. This might also just be a pregnancy thing. I hope it ends soon.
- I want a pedicure. What? Why?
- I actually gave away a dog we rescued.
- Naps are no longer shameful. In fact, naps are needed every so often. When I was not an adult, naps were a waste of life and I harshly judged those who par took in such activities.